What's Happening in Stephen's City
Upcoming Events and Meetings:
- May 14 - Personnel Committee- 5pm
- May 15 - Finance Committee - 5pm
- May 15 - Water/ Sewer Committee - 5:30pm
- May 15 - Public Works Committee - 6:00pm
- May 16 - Newtown Heritage Festival Committee - 7:00pm
- May 20 - Parks and Recreation Committee - 5:00pm
- May 23 - Public Safety Committee - 5:00pm
The Newtown Heritage Festival is featuring several new events this year. One of these is a display of antique and contemporary quilts. We are looking for a few more antique quilts for our display and would be interested in talking with local folks who have one of these treasures. If you can, please idenitfy the quilt maker, pattern, where made, or a little history of the quilt. We would like quilts by May 20th so we can make selections for the display. Contact Town Office for more information.
Message from the Mayor:
Welcome to Stephens City, a unique little town situated at the northern end of the Shenandoah Valley between the beautiful Allegheny and Blue Ridge Mountains. Steeped in history, we have maintained a small town atmosphere even though there is growth all around us. We have managed to grow ourselves but we have a vision and a plan as to how to maintain our small town atmosphere while offering residents all the comforts and amenities the future has to offer.
A friendly smile and warm greeting await you. We hope to see you soon.